We Do.. We Learn
To praise the child´s confidence, to imbibe the spirit of participation and team work, various hobby clubs are introduced in the school. Students get an opportunity to tap their creativity by opting for one or more activities provided by these clubs. Even during vacations, students can pursue these through summer workshops wherein creative expression of the budding artists is promoted through colourful renditions encompassing paints, collage, origami, cartoons and animation.
The various hobby clubs include:-
- Art & Craft
- Space Club
- Quiz Club
- Dance & Drama
- Eco Club
- Philately Club
- Numismatics Club
- Emptors Club
- Music (vocal & instrumental)
- Health Club
- Interact Club
- Senior Citizen Club
- Quality Circle
- Mun Club
- Movie Club
The commerce department of Modern Public School has formed ‘EMPTOR CLUB´ to create consumer awareness in society. The club members i.e the students of classes XI and XII under the guidance of their teachers visit neighbouring public places every week. They informally awaken different strata of society regarding their rights and also sensitize them on various economic and social issues.
Emptor Club percolates information regarding fake products, fake currency, consumer rights, power conservation and proper usage and maintenance of mobile batteries. The response of society to these students is overwhelming and they are being applauded for their effort for economic cause, even though it is at grass root level.
Eco Clubs play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
Eco Club of Modern Public School performs the following activities:
- Motivates the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, essay, painting competitions, rallys, nukkad natak etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate children about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
- Various Rallies are taken out by School students to spread the awareness.
A quiz is a form of game or mind sport in which the players (as individuals or in teams) attempt to answer questions correctly. Quizzes are also brief assessments used in education and similar fields to measure growth in knowledge, abilities, and/or skills. The Quiz Club of Modern Public School is open to all students . Students who are part of this club prepare their own quiz presentations and conduct them. They select different topics for each session and under able guidance of their teacher incharges successfully complete each quiz.
Computer club in school teach students the fundamentals they need to be competitive in an increasingly technological world. With the skills they learn in computer clubs students can get to learn new soft wares .Its a place for the students to hone their existing computer skills while learning the more advanced concepts and techniques they will need in future.
Anti Terrorism Rally | Anti Cracker Rally | Eco Friendly Rally | Clean Yamuna Project